Children’s Montessori Center opened in 1990 and has been honored to serve families all over the North Shore ever since.
The Children’s Montessori Center is fully licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education, holds membership in the Montessori Schools of Massachusetts, and is affiliated with the North America Montessori Teachers Association and American Montessori Society Teachers Association.
The Children’s Montessori Center offers the following programs:
- Toddler Program for children 15 months to 2 years 9 months
- Pre School Program for children 2 years 9 months to 6 years of age
- Kindergarten program – a unique opportunity for five-year-old children to further their abilities and confidence in preparing for elementary school.
- Orientation / Summer Camp – for children presently enrolled or transitioning into the program.
Hours of Operation
Our 10-month academic year runs from September to June. The school is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. The Montessori program is from 8:30 to 3:00 pm, with extended daycare available from 7:30-8:30 and/or 3:00 to 4:30pm. CMC follows the Danvers Public School calendar for vacation and inclement weather closures.
Director – Noeline Kohr
After teaching around the world, Noeline opened CMC in 1990. Noeline has a deep understanding and appreciation for the Montessori philosophy. Her unique approach helps mentor and guide others to reach their fullest potential, while developing a love of learning.
The Children’s Montessori Center teachers are experienced, professional, qualified teachers, and trained in the Montessori Methodology. All teachers are Montessori trained or certified and maintain current child developmental credentials. All staff are trained and certified in First Aid and CPR.
CMC prides itself on retaining experienced and nurturing Head Teachers for the past two decades. Hundreds of children on the North Shore have reaped the benefits of our seasoned, professional, and dedicated teachers. Having a consistent teaching staff at CMC allows for the Montessori philosophy and its experience to continue from year to year, family to family.
- Parents request and review our information package.
- Parents contact CMC to tour the school, observe & meet with the director.
- Once Children’s Montessori Center receives a completed application form and registration fee, CMC will begin the acceptance process.
- Parents will then be notified in writing of your child’s acceptance into the program and receive a financial contract with enrollment paperwork.
- Upon receipt the completed contract and financial deposits a space will be reserved for your child.
- Parent handbook, school calendar, and all other enrollment paperwork will be provided.
- Arrangements will be made for your child to visit in the classroom before their start date. The teachers will work with each child to help them transition into the program based on the child’s developmental needs. Orientation / Summer Camp process will be discussed.
Some great websites:
- www.amshq.org/Montessori Education
- TED Talk – Looking to Montessori to Guide Education Reform
Some great books to read:
- Carlson, Richard, Ph.D. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff. New York, 1998.
- Faber, Adele and Mazlish, Elaine. How to talk So Your Child Will Listen and Listen So Your Child Will Talk.
- Lillard, Angeline Stoll. Montessori – The Science Behind the Genius. Oxford, 2007.
- Lillard, Paula Polk. Montessori, A Positive Approach.
- Montessori, Maria. The Absorbent Mind.
- Montessori, Maria. The Secret of Childhood.